Saturday 15 January 2011

It was rainy day... I had to fight with myself to get up in the morning... Staying in bed seemed to be the best option after the whole busy week. I've decided to do only pleasant things, not to worry about anything and just chill out... 

It was nearly afternoon when  I was just getting ready to go out for a walk and suddenly storm came... Well, in that case I'm not going anywhere, I thought!!! I generally like when it's raining... I enjoy the smell of rain and even run through the puddles... like when I was a kid... 

But today is definitely one those days that I don't want to get wet, I don't want to put my wellies on and not even smell it, let's face it... I'd rather stay indoors, look at rain through my bedroom window, read a book, have a huge cup of hot tea with lemon and hug my fluffy blanket... And that's what I did... Lazy day someone would say but not exactly... I've done some work too... :) I baked.... French dimpled rolls! The easiest recipe I've ever seen - it requires less time and it's ready in 2 - 3 hours... Just perfect for one of those days.... :)




FRENCH DIMPLED ROLLS
based on the recipe from 'Moje wypieki'.

Ingredients for 10 rolls:
400g bread flour
11/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp sugar
15g dried yeasts
120ml warm milk
170ml cool water



Mix the flour with salt in a large bowl, add sugar, make a hollow in the middle. Dissolve yeast in milk, pour into the hole, lightly sprinkle the top with flour and leave at room temperature for 15 - 20 minutes. Then add water, mix, giving a moist, soft dough. Knead on lightly floured wooden board for 8 - 10 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic. Put the dough into to a bowl, cover with cloths and leave to double in a warm place (about 1.5 hours).

Put the dough on a wooden board, knead lightly and let stand for 5 minutes to "rest". Divide into 10 parts, with each of them to form a ball in your hands, then lightly roll to give an oval shape. The top lightly sprinkle with flour. Cover with cloths and let rise for 30 minutes (rolls should expand in size). After this time, make a dimple in each ball. I did it with the end of a wooden spoon. Again, leave them to rise for 15 minutes. 

Preheat oven to 230ÂșC, place the container on the bottom of the oven. Insert the risen buns and bake about 13 - 15 minutes until golden brown.


How do you normally spend your rainy days?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...