Sunday 30 January 2011

It's been a long time since I've watched the 'Weekend Bakery' Actions... And almost every weekend among the proposed bakery goods I could find something for myself ... Some were very simple in implementation, others more complex and sophisticated ... But somehow I lacked the courage to actively take part in the action ... and since my adventure of baking bread began relatively recently, I did not feel too confident to stand in a competition with such a good bakers .... Well, but you only die once, I decided to join the Weekend Bakery and bake something as easy, fast, and what 'in my eye' can not go wrong! Well, I found it - in the 103 edition of Weekend Bakery, Mirosix of Cooking under the Pear Tree has proposed Italian loaf with herbs - I had to do it, if only because of my boundless love for Italy :) 




A few days ago after reading the recipe, I thought it was the easiest bread under the sun ... I need to bake it! In all my excitement, I got some culinary amnesia - because I completely mixed up the recipe ... Recipe recommended that after formed loaves, cut their surface and smear with blend of herbs and olive oil .... And when enthusiastically pouring all the ingredients into the bowl I also poured a mixture of herbs and olive oil into the dough ....Can you believe it? 
Mamma Mia - what have I done!!! And what do I do now, I thought, standing over a bowl of dough with added herbs .... you could see my face at this time:) hahahha ... but I thought that it would be disaster to throw away so many valuable goods. I sighed heavily, and after a moment of thought I decided to continue and see what comes up .... so I studied the recipe again, and following the recommendations of the author, I put the dough to rise and formed two pretty good-looking loaves, I put them in the oven and waited... 35 minutes baking seemed to be forever :) And what was my surprise when I took the loaves out of the oven? The looked absolutely beautifully. From the outside looked really great, with a crispy crust, nicely browned... But someone once said - 'do not judge a book by its cover' so when the tasting part came I got little stressed, but again, nice surprised - the bread came out great and herbs - olive mixture gave my loaves a real Italian flavor ... Well, I think everyone has their ups and downs in a kitchen, and my was pretty good so today I present to you mistakenly modified Italian loaf with herbs - a mix of olive... 



Italian bread with herbs 
Original recipe is here - click 

My mistaken recipe is below: 

Ingredients (for 2 loaves): 
1.5 teaspoons instant yeast 
3 cups hot water 
1 tablespoon salt 
2 cups bread flour 
4-5 cups flour (I added 1 / 2 cup wholemeal flour and 4 cups all purpose flour) 
1/3 cup olive oil 
½ teaspoon dried oregano 
½ teaspoon dried basil 
½ teaspoon dried parsley 
½ teaspoon salt 
1 clove garlic, crushed 


Dissolve yeast in water, let rest for 10 minutes. Mix 3 cups of flour with salt and dissolved yeast. Knead dough, gradually adding the remaining 2-3 cups of all other flour, herbs and olive oil. The dough should be fairly loose. On floured pastry board knead for about 5 minutes. Then put the dough in oiled bowl, cover with foil or a cloth and let rise for about 1 hour (dough should double the volume). 
Knead the dough again, divide into 2 balls and return to oiled bowl, cover with foil or a cloth and let rise for about 1 hour (dough should double the volume). Then form two oval loaves of bread, place them on parchment lined baking sheet, let stand for about 30 minutes. Bake bread in the oven at 210 degrees for approximately 35 minutes.



I wish you the same kitchen ups and persistence in baking bread!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...